Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ready-Made Family by Cheryl Wyatt

I subscribe to Love Inspired books from Steeple Hill, www.SteepleHill.com. One of their April books is Ready-Made Family by Cheryl Wyatt. This is the third book in a series about Refuge, Illinois, a small community determined to live out God's command to help the helpless and needy. Ben Dillinger responds to a small child's request to help her mother. After discovering Amelia North unconscious in a wrecked car, Ben and the local community offer help and a sense of belonging to a young woman who believes no-one cares.

The town reminded me of the book In His Steps I read many years ago. In it a newspaper writer challenges a town to live out their faith.

I'm looking forward to reading the next books in this series. I'd suggest ordering the book online or look for it at your favorite bookstore. Besides being an entertaining read, I think it encourages me to remember to be on the lookout for opportunities to lend a helping hand.

2 comments:

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Thank you for the kind words about my book. Your readership is a blessing.

Warmly,

Cheryl

Unknown said...

Sounds really good. Thanks for telling us about it.