Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Daisy Chain" by Mary DeMuth

Mary DeMuth, http://wannabepublished.blogspot.com, recently announced that her latest book was now available. The title sounded interesting, the cover was beautiful, and I love to read. A few days again, I settled down in my reading spot to enjoy my favorite reward for finishing my to do list. Hours later, when I closed the book, I knew I'd be waiting with anticipation for book two.

Daisy Chain is the first book in her Defiance Texas Trilogy. Daisy Chance, the best friend of fourteen year old Jed Pepper, disappears from her small town. The rest of the book deals with Jed’s search for her because he believes he’s to blame.

Tortured family relationships and friendships with unusual towns people keep this book a page turner as Jed searches for Daisy. Treat yourself to a suspenseful read as Mary draws you into life in Defiance, Texas.

I've been studying the craft of writing in depth the past two years as I decided to get serious about writing. Mary's site is one I visit frequently after attending her workshop at the American Christian Fiction Writers' Conference. I've learned a lot about the craft of writing from her blogs.

I don't know how she finds the time to write such a wonderful book with keeping up her blog and raising a family. I am in awe of her writing ability.

No comments: