Friday, April 4, 2008

Making A Church Banner

Our church is preparing for the 100 year anniversary of its founding. I volunteered to help make special banners for the church. Fortunately, the chairman of the committee has a degree in fabric design so we have good direction. Another lady and I declared we were good at cutting and basting.

We have learned a lot about fabrics, bonding material, understitching, and ironing with
damp cheesecloth. We're finishing up the banners and will hang them on Friday night before
the special church service.

We've already decided to design special banners for weddings now that we know how to make them. In volunteering for a project, we've found a new calling. We're planning on meeting monthly to design and sew new banners and altar cloths for the church.

Moonine Sue Watson
April 4, 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, now when I am sitting in church looking at the altar banners I will know who made them. That is and exciting project and I am glad to know that you are getting into something that takes no emotional commitment. You are a wonderful seamstress and I know they will be beautiful.